Accent on Travel advisor Sofia Hedman reviews her stay out one of our preferred hotel properties – San Juan, Puerto Rico's Condado Vanderbilt Hotel.
Before my visit on the Celebrity Edge, I was invited to stay in the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, one of our preferred hotel partners. This means we have a special relationship with them through the Signature Travel Network, so our clients receive special amenities. For example, our clients receive full breakfast for two daily in Ola, Ocean Front Bistro, a $100 resort credit, per room, per stay, and an upgrade, early check-in, or late check-out where available.
Though all the amenities add great value, the resort speaks for itself.
The Condado Vanderbilt is just about 10 minutes from Old San Juan, and is almost perfectly situated between the airport, and the cruise piers. Because of the great location, I highly recommend it if you are doing a pre-stay in San Juan. It is an easy cab ride to get to the historic streets of Old San Juan, however it is such a great resort, you may never want to leave!
Upon arrival, we were greeted by a doorman who helped us with our luggage and whisked us away to the front desk. While I was checking in, the doorman brought me a cold glass of champagne! Our room was not ready yet (although early check-in is often available for our clients) so I decided to get a bite to eat in one of their restaurants, Tacos & Tequila. The restaurant was beautiful, set right on the ocean, with some of the best Mexican food I have ever had! As soon as the check came, I received a phone call that our room was ready (perfect timing). The staff helped us up to our room, and we proceeded to have a relaxing afternoon.
Some of my favorite things about the property:
- The pools- There was a main pool off one of the restaurants, with expansive seating, and the pool was very spacious. However, there were 2 other smaller pools (one of them was an infinity pool), and a large hot tub, and even lounge chairs set in a 2 inch pool, all over looking the ocean! These smaller pools were my favorite.
- The service- The staff at the hotel was out of this world. They were so helpful and anticipated every need. Definitely a 5 – star service.
- Easy location- It was so convenient to stay here. It was only about 15 minutes from the airport, and another 15 minutes from the cruise pier.
- The rooms- the rooms were spacious and there was a lot of storage. The bathroom was also very large. A lot of the beverages in the room were included such as water bottles and soda. They had wine in the rooms (for a charge) but pricing was clearly indicated. A lot of the snacks were also complimentary as well such as the chips and candy bars.
- The food- The food was amazing. We ate at a different restaurant on property for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the food was fresh and very flavorful. Highly recommended!
Things to know:
- There is a small beach area, with a few lounge chairs, however definitely not a large beach area that you may think of when you think of a Caribbean resort. The hotel is settled along the Atlantic Ocean, however much of hotel is nestled between a rocky shoreline. This did not affect my stay here at all, and if you walk right outside of the hotel gates you have access to a larger beach area!
- Not all inclusive- the food and drinks are amazing but pricey! Have a budget prepared for the restaurants. If you book with Accent On travel, your breakfast is covered, and you get a $100 credit that you can use towards food and drink! Since food and those Caribbean drinks can add up, this is a GREAT value!